Sunday, April 21, 2013

What does it feel like to be on top of Table Mountain?



When I stepped out I experienced immediate bliss. I wanted to take pictures of everything. There was no time to waste. The wind was blowing and that was all I could hear. I felt like a child. On top of the mountain I was so small. I had no direction just rushing around looking here, there, everywhere! It was unbelievable! The view was spectacular but the serenity was even better! The clouds surrounded me on all sides. In between total white wash was landscape  like I've never seen before. Just an exceptional amount of beauty and quiet. I walked along paths (and off paths) trying to see everything. When a cloud came over it was so disorienting. Direction was not a concept. It was just me. I didn't have to think about anything. I was on top of one of the seven natural wonders of the world and the only way I could think to take it all in was take pictures and breathe. I didn't even realize how cold it was until I got back inside. Nothing seemed to matter. I lost all sense of time. I was entirely happy. Completely present. This is what it feels like to be on cloud nine.

My silence was broken by the sound of a siren. This meant that it was too windy and we needed to get down. We had thirty minutes to get back before  the the doors  to the  cable cars closed. I had been walking around for an hour. I had no idea how far I'd gone. I started to run. I stopped every once in a while and took another picture. I ignored everything around me and took in each second of my last moments. I wanted to remember this. I would remember this. It was incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment