Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bloukrans Bridge Bungy Jump- I DID IT!!


Fear is temporary. Regret is forever. 



My heart was pounding. The music was pumping. Everyone was cheering and so excited.  There was this intense build up. There was an incredible rush of adrenaline. I knew I was not going to back out. I was so ready to go. Ready to soar. My feet were tied together. All of a sudden I'm on the edge looking out. Mostly trying not to look down. It felt like I couldn't hear anything. I was listening for the cheering. The encouragement I needed. Then the countdown: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 BUNGY! I jump. More like flip, off the world's highest commercial bungy jump at 216 meters high! Flying through the air. Aware of everything but nothing. Then swinging down below. Time seemed to take forever. Then, Serenity. Tranquility. After the music was too far to hear, nature surrounded me and there was quiet. I was truly amazed. In between wondering when the person was coming to pull me up I could not believe the beauty that I was seeing. I listened to the sounds of the water rushing down below. I could not even comprehend what I had just done. So awesome. Totally unreal. Everyone asks if I was scared. I can't even remember if I was. It was unbelievable. 





This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment