Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Impressions


After a really long day of traveling we finally reached South Africa. We were exhausted and tired but it didn’t matter because right when we began our descent into Cape Town international airport it all made sense. I looked out our window and saw Table Mountain and all the worries that kept me thinking til late at night turned to questions and excitement as I wanted to know desperately where things were and what was what.

When I stepped outside it became real for me because we were here finally and the sights were just amazing. The clean fresh air and being greeted by familiar faces was refreshing. When we arriving, Marita gave me a birthday present. It was a traditional beaded South African 21st birthday key. In many families females are given this key as a symbol of their adulthood and to show they are ready to go out and find themselves. For me that was such a beautiful , remarkable and thoughtful gift because as we are just about to embark on this experience of finding ourselves and exploration I was presented with the symbolic means to do just that.

The scene was beautiful and I never thought how real or close this mountain would be. It was stunning to drive from the airport to the house and drive straight toward the mountain and into our new home. We stopped at Loche road first and the house was amazing. Big and beautiful and we were all jealous for about 20 minutes until we arrived at our home on Malleson road. Our home is cozy, comfortable and just right. I'm glad because it is really great to have this home to come back to and I love the quite relaxed atmosphere that we created. We joined together at Loche road for a pizza dinner and that was fun and although we were tired we enjoyed each other's company and the food was good too! I am so privileged to be on this program and to have the accommodations and leaders that we do.

Cape Town could not be more beautiful and I cant say yet if it feels real. I know I cant wait for what is next!

Check out our group blog for more info on what we are up to!

http://cptadventures2013.blogspot.com/?psinvite=ALRopfVQumPtfFJe1TwafqTWVQe8lbkI2Ii7tp_PfB_pWizf67umbDNMb19F5QP7DcvSrb5SLkSHAiYcsBdAwGClD1c9QtrCRw

No comments:

Post a Comment